Darling Communications partners with CG Arnold Consulting, LLC, to do what we do best, better! Christina G. Arnold, Founder and Owner, CG Consulting LLC, will oversee our diversity and inclusion efforts. We’re excited about this joint venture.
Read about Christina G. Arnold’s extensive background in diversity and inclusion leadership below.
Christina Guajardo Arnold is the Founding Director of the Bob and Aleicia Woodrick Center for Equity and Inclusion at Grand Rapids Community College (GRCC). She is a seasoned professional with over 37 years of experience in higher education and equity and inclusion leadership.
Arnold prides herself on her vast community network and ability to navigate throughout our diverse community. She also has extensive experience in project management, equity and inclusion facilitation, event planning and community collaborations. Arnold has chaired the following events: GRCC Annual Diversity Lecture Series, GIANTS Awards Banquet, Latino Youth Conference, and the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Commemorative Community Wide Program.
She is also certified in the Intercultural Development Inventory IDI, and facilitator for the Institute for Healing Racism. Arnold was born and raised in Grand Rapids and is a graduate of Ottawa Hills High School, Grand Rapids Community College and Central Michigan University.
CURRENT BOARD/COMMITTEES AND MEMBERSHIP:
- Kent County Convention Arena Authority Community Inclusion Group
- Student Advancement Foundation, Grand Rapids Public Schools
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of West Michigan Advisory Council
- Kids Food Basket – Capital Campaign
- Children’s Assessment Center – Capital Campaign
- Varnum Law Inclusion Council
- Latina Network Leadership Team
- Grand Rapids Jazz Festival
- National Council of La Raza
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION:
- Literacy Center of West Michigan Ledy Community Engagement Award – 2017
- Grand Rapids Symphony Celebration of Soul Melinda Sapp Leadership Award – 2017
- Grand Rapids Business Journal 50 Most Influential Women in West Michigan – 2016
- YWCA Tribute Advocacy Award – 2015
- Cesar Chavez La Familia Award – 2015
- Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce Center for Community Leadership “Diversity Champion” – 2014
- Corp! Magazine Michigan Champion of Multiculturalism “Diversity Champions” awarded to GRCC Woodrick Diversity Learning Center as Diversity Focused Organization – 2010
- GRCC Excellence in Education Award Recipient – 2007
- Michigan Education Association David McMahon Human Rights Award – 2008
- United Way Project Blueprint Champion of Diversity Award 2007
Current clients include: Grand Rapids Community College, The City of Grand Rapids, First Steps Kent, John Ball Park Zoo, Opera Grand Rapids and Urban Core Collective.
- Community Engagement
- Community Concierge
- Equity and Inclusion
- Project Management
…Creating Inclusive Communities…
firstname.lastname@example.org | P: 616.304.0880